Friday, August 10, 2012

Blackberry Ice Cream

I'm back with another card! Yes, this is another 'Lady Raven" digi from Kenny K Downloads. Long story short, I got some new violet Copics and  an E50, so I wanted to test them out on a image I already had printed, because who can wait to print a new image out when you get new toys to play with? So, I was so pleased with how her skin and clothes came out I had to make a card specially for her. And, this is what I came up with! For Kenny K's Krafty Krew Challenge, blackberry is the ice cream theme I am going for in honor of the blackberries I have in the freezer from our garden waiting to be used !

I made the flower about a month ago and thought it was perfect for this card! The papers are from Prima's Nature Garden, beautiful! The bling is Say it in Crytsals, I think, and the metal corners are from Wild Orchid Crafts! I used a Martha Stewart punch for scallops and it does a beautiful job of standing in for lace. I have a hard time with using lace, especially black lace. To me it looks lingerie-like and out of place on a card, but my taste changes frequently and I am slowly warming up to the idea.
Here's my beautiful lady colored up. I need to practice more with black hair, but I am really happy with her light and bright face. I swear her butt has more shading IRL! Kenny K images are so fun to color, but I,at least, need to venture away from Lady R for a little bit! 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Krew (ice cream- blackberry)
Dream Valley Challenges (die cuts and punches- doily lace punch)
Shopping Our Stash (monochromatic)
Papertake Weekly (Anything Goes)

Thanks for having a look and keeping me inspired. I don't know how you crafty peeps do it! It's so fun, but without you guys to look up to and be inspired by, I wouldn't be able to do it! The creativity and talent out there is astounding, intimidating and motivating! Which bring me to saying a big thank you for all the challenge blogs out there and their fabulous DT's !!!




10 comments:

  1. Wonderful colouring and that purple is so stunning against her black hair! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Kenny K this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours you have used to colour the image and what a great flower. Really lovely card :)

    Thank you for joining in this week at Kenny K's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with a beautifully coloured image. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the corner on here and that flower. Your coloring on this precious image is just awesome! So pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sassy sexy card! Thx for joining us at Little Miss Muffet!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You have colored her perfectly <3
    Thanks for playing at DVC
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Wonderful coloring and the flower is just fab!
    Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cool :-) Thank you so much for joining us at Dream Valley challenges, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop over and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/winner-of-my-candy-and-new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. This is one of my favourite images from Kenny K. Thanks for sharing. hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Little Miss Muffet!

    ReplyDelete